The following are some of the most bizarre stories collected from around the web this week. For more info, tips and advice related to auto transport, stop by our Facebook page!
- Third-grader forced to bathe at Texas school | MSNBC | …A school nurse and counselor forced an 8-year-old Texas boy to bathe after telling him he “smelled badly, was dirty and had bad hygiene,” according to a lawsuit filed Thursday.
- Teenager shot with spear through head survives | MSNBC | …Yasel Lopez, 16, was fishing with a friend in Miami when their three-foot spear gun went off unexpectedly, piercing Lopez through his head. Doctors are calling his survival from the accident, nearly two weeks ago, a miracle.
- Peanut butter cup thief steals hundreds of dollars worth of candy from Ohio gas station | HP | …Employees reported that a young man usually comes in after midnight, snatches Reese’s peanut butter cups and exits the store before they can call police. The workers say the candy stolen over the past few months was worth $400 to $600.
- Arizona fights highway dust storms with haiku | Reuters | …The Arizona Department of Transportation is inviting budding poets to take to Twitter and pen haikus – a concise Japanese literary form consisting of 17 syllables – to highlight the peril from the summer storms, known as haboobs.
- Kentucky woman glued to Walmart toilet seat | CNews | …A bathroom break turned embarrassing and painful for a Kentucky woman Tuesday. Monticello city officials told ABC Action News the woman went to use a toilet in the local Walmart when she realized she was stuck to the seat. It was later determined the seat was covered in Super Glue.