The following are some of the most bizarre stories collected from around the web this week. For more info, tips and advice related to auto transport, stop by our Facebook page!
- Elderly farmer accidentally plants 1,000 marijuana plants | NBC | …An elderly German farmer accidentally planted more than 1,000 pot plants, mistaking their seeds for sunflower seeds, police told NBC News…
- One-ton cheeseburger sets new world record for Minnesota casino | HP | …A Minnesota casino has cooked up a world-record bacon cheeseburger that’s 10 feet in diameter and weighs more than a ton…
- Dude calls 911 twice to report dreams as reality | HP | …Apparently, synthetic marijuana can make your dreams a reality. But for Florida teen Mark Welch, that reality was jail. Welch, 18, called 911 two times on Sunday, trying to convince a dispatcher that everything in his dream was happening for real, according to a Volusia County Sheriff’s Office press release.
- Thousands of dead nutria pile up on MS beaches after Isaac | NBC | …If there’s a silver lining for the Gulf Coast from Hurricane Isaac, it might just be this: the surge of water flushed out, and drowned, thousands of nutria — giant rodents originally from South America that are eating away at coastal marshlands, which act as barriers from storms.
- NH Woman arrested 4 times in 26 hours | NBC | …Authorities say a New Hampshire woman has been arrested four times in 26 hours for blasting the AC/DC song “Highway to Hell” and other loud music from her home and for throwing a frying pan.
- Russian woman falls asleep on scooter and narrowly escapes death | HP | …A video gaining viral traction on YouTube Wednesday morning shows a woman’s near-death experience when she reportedly falls asleep behind the wheel of a scooter and careens into oncoming traffic.
- Missing tourist in Iceland joins in search for herself | NBC | …A missing tour bus passenger in remote southern Iceland ended up joining her own search party last weekend without realizing the search teams were in fact looking for her, according to a report.
- Man robs hotel with hot coffee | NBC | …A man used hot coffee to pull off a robbery at an Arlington, Va., hotel Tuesday night. About 9:45 p.m. a man threw hot coffee on the front desk attendant at a hotel in the 2400 block of South Glebe Road, police said. He then jumped the counter and took a cash drawer and a cellphone. There was about $450 in the cash drawer.
- Man bites cobra, killing it, after it bites him first | BBC | …A Nepali farmer who was bitten by a cobra in his rice paddy field has killed the snake by repeatedly biting it in return.