The following are some of the most bizarre stories collected from around the web this week. For more info, tips and advice related to auto transport, stop by our Facebook page!
- Man tries to rob pirate-themed bar; sword fight ensues | HP | …En garde! An employee of a pirate-themed bar found his character’s sea legs last weekend, using a sword to thwart a tire-iron wielding burglar during a wild duel in Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Thief butt-dialed 911 | NBC | …A man wearing his cell phone accidentally dialed 911 early Thursday morning while allegedly stealing scrap metal from a Southington business.
- Kitten hitches hair-raising 85-mile ride in van’s engine compartment | WDAZ | …A stowaway kitten is safe despite taking an 85-mile ride in a van’s engine compartment that included a trip across California’s Golden Gate Bridge.
- Man tried to steal highway light pole | DailyHerald | …A New York man is facing criminal charges after state police say he tried to steal a light pole from the side of a parkway.
- Mayor of ND tourist town withdraws hanging plan | DLJ | …The mayor of a southwest North Dakota town who sought permission to stage mock hangings for tourists withdrew on Monday his application to erect gallows after he said controversy surrounding the plan painted the city in a negative light.
- Keller’s City Manager Dan O’Leary lays himself off | TKC | …During executive session at a City Council meeting March 20, O’Leary informed council that someone from the top management ranks at City Hall had to go. So the person he laid off was himself.
[image by mudeth on flickr]