Auto Transport is the process of shipping or moving vehicles by airplanes, ships, railroad or large 18 wheeler trucks. People order cars from dealerships; auto show participants move vehicles frequently from one place to another either within a country or into another country. Regardless of what the reason of transporting your car is, it is important that the person finds an experienced auto transport company.
Tips to Consider When Hiring an Auto Transport Company
- Investigate online- Take advantage of the Internet and search for these companies online because many of them offer their services online. Read reviews and see what past customers said about the services that they were offered. You may discover that a company has many negative reviews, so be careful to avoid them. In addition to this, check the legality of the auto transport companies.
- Safety concerns- Before moving your vehicle check if your insurance company covers your car for damages incurred when moving them, also ask the auto transport company whether they insure the cargo they transport. Insurance companies provide cover for damages that occur during the transportation.
- Enclosed car transport- Choose a car transport company with this service because it will protect your car from the wear and tear, flying objects and other highway objects and road debris/weather.
- Prepare your vehicle- Most companies include agreement the exclusion of personal effects in their car during transportation, they increase weight and the insurance does not cover them, removing personal effects helps to save on time delays and your items from being stolen.
- Car inspection- Inspect your car and make sure the company inspects it too before and after transportation and make sure to follow the necessary steps (i.e. signing where it’s required and having the reports of the inspections).
- Pricing- Don’t always go for auto shipping companies offering the lowest priced car shipping quotes. Rather, it’s always good to compare the different car shipping quotes offered by various companies and choose wisely.
- Time of delivery- This hugely depends on how far your car will have to travel as well as the time fram that you need to have your vehicle(s) delivered. For instance, people who participate in auto shows with classic cars will definitely want their cars to arrive on time. Therefore, checking with the transport company before handing them your car is essential. Auto car enthusiasts are a great customer base for auto transport companies.
[image by Charles Williams]