Let's take a look at some common things to keep in mind when considering the car shipping process and how much it actually costs:
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
A number of factors go into calculating the cost to ship a vehicle. They include:
- The size of the vehicle: Oversized cars are more expensive to transport because they take up more space on the truck.
- Actual transport mileage: Longer transports are more expensive.
- Pickup and delivery locations: Some areas are difficult to navigate. Things such as narrow streets require additional time.
- Seasonality: During peak seasons, trucks are more full and available space is low so prices tend to rise. The opposite is also true. During off seasons, trucks have more available space so prices tend to fall.
- The price of fuel: Just like you, truck drivers pay more money for fuel when gas prices are high. What's more, fuel prices can vary by region, so transports of the same mileage might be more expensive in our area of the country if fuel is relatively more expensive in that area.
- The type of trailer: Open trailer transports are less expensive than enclosed trailer transports.
- The pickup and delivery dates: The longer you wait, the more it will cost. Guaranteed or expedited deliveries cost more money.
There are obvious benefits to be had when hiring our car shipping company to pick up your vehicle from one location and ship it to another location. Some of these benefits include:
- Less wear and tear on your personal vehicle: The less long-distance driving you do, the better off your car will be, as it will mean less wear and tear on your tires and engine.
- Less time: Having your car shipped means that you get to spend less time on the road and more time preparing for your move or spending time with family or friends.
- Less money out-of-pocket: While every person's situation is different, have you ever considered what the 'true cost' is to drive your personal car from coast to coast versus having it shipped? Between gasoline, lodging, food, oil changes, tolls and other miscellaneous expenses, you can easily end up spending over $1,600 out of pocket. Is that really worth the time and frustration if, in the end, you're not really saving as much money as you thought? You may quickly find out rates for how much to ship a car are far less.